Friday, June 1, 2012

Former Toussaint driver led group


Mike Cordero former Roger Toussaint driver announced he will run for president of TWU Local 100. He has put out badly produced literature calling for the end of ‘partying’ in TWU Local 100.
One wonders what is his rise to fame other than being a driver to Toussaint. What is his accomplishment besides being a driver for Toussaint? His record never supported members in the layoff of 2010, he was against the Solidarity Fund, and he was missing in the first National Conference on Transit Worker Assault.
It is not clear if he has any support from other departments. His slate is not clear and his team is almost a mirage. However it was a known fact that he had strong support from a deceased member from the Station Department due to the connection of their love for automobiles. One used to crash them while the other would drive them.
Do you believe former Toussaint driver has your interest in mind? What do you think? 

3 comments:

  1. While we do need change in our leadership I think this will be a very important election and all members in good standings should be worry about the outcome and while I don't even know all the candidates I do know Micheal Cordero and will be willing to listen to him explain to me why my 1vote should go to him. Wasn't aware he drove for toussaint but will aquire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for all these cnadidates the litmus test will be interesting. They will not be allowed to say I am better! vote for me!
    they must prove themselves better or they will have no credibility.
    Actions speak louder than words.
    I know one thing:
    when members of my department in stations got laid off John Samuelsen was there fighting for them.
    If he fought for them he'll fight for you.

    That is all I need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't pretend to know if Mike Cordero is actually committed to run for TWU president, but if he is their is a glaring question to ask him and the other two declared candidates: Campbell and Creegan:
    Exactly what did you do when TWU members got laid-off in 2010?
    Did you try to help them?
    Did you go out to the many public hearings on service cuts and booth closings?
    Did you go to MTA board meetings and raise hell?
    Did you try to get them medical coverage after they were laid-off?
    Did you do the RIGHT thing?
    And please don't try to BS me, I was at every publkic hearing & MTA board meeting.
    I was outside Jay Walders' house every day until we made him move.
    If any of these guys did anything they better speak up.
    or they will be swept into the dustbin of TWU presidential wanna-bees.

    ReplyDelete